This tutorial describes how to install, configure, and run a modified version of github.com/AmandaCameron/gobar, a taskbar written in Go.
The D-Bus features of gobar currently don't work. I hope this tutorial will make it easier for developers to properly fix these issues.
- If you haven't done so already, run through the Wingo Tutorial.
- Install the following packages from DPorts.
- Install gobar and its configuration tool. Run the following commands.
go get github.com/varialus/gobar
go get github.com/varialus/gobar/gen-bar/config
- Configure gobar. Run the following commands.
mkdir -p ~/.config/gobar
gen-bar-config > ~/.config/gobar/config.wini
- Start gobar. Run the following command.
- To quit out of gobar, repeatedly press ctrl-c within the xterm in which you started gobar.